Banned Aussie trader hits back at ASIC

After failing to lodge an annual compliance certificate when requested, South Australian director of Gryphon Financial Alexander Dryden w...

After failing to lodge an annual compliance certificate when requested, South Australian director of Gryphon Financial Alexander Dryden was banned by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for six months. Mr Dryden spoke to The Adviser, saying that he complied with the requests of the financial authority and received his compliance certificate in August.
“Before ASIC came in for the review, I made sure all our compliance and paperwork was up to date," Mr Dryden said. “I told ASIC prior to them coming in that I would hold back my compliance certificate submission until such time that the review was over because I wanted to ensure my processes were compliant. I didn’t want to put in my compliance for the previous year if I had problems.”
“They only picked up one area of concern in my mandate, which I’d been using for many years; I had a clause in there that I could put a caveat on the property. I’ve never ever put a caveat on a property, and the moment they said I couldn’t have that there, I immediately removed it,” he added.
“It was ignorance on my part and I completely accept that. But I’ve done all my training, and during that they said ‘abide by the regulation’, and there is no mention of caveats in the regulation at all – it’s in the act.” According to Mr Dryden, in early 2013 he informed ASIC he was waiting for the outcome of their review before proceeding with lodging his compliance certificate. Mr Dryden said he had to wait for an additional five months after the given deadline to receive any information of his certificate.
“Even though it was removed, never acted on, and it was an honest mistake of mine, I had no recourse. I can understand their position on the caveat because I was naïve, but I’m disappointed that I got a six-month suspension for lack of compliance – that surprised me,” he said.
Broker and CEO of More Group Aaron Upcroft also commented on the incident, saying the case shows the importance of legal advice. “It does appear that ASIC have tried to make a bit of a statement in this case. From a broker's perspective, I definitely feel for the guy, but from a lawyer's perspective, this goes to show how important legal advice is," he said. Just recently ASIC banned a broker for fraudulently compiling a company bank account from liquidators. On October 1st NSW broker David Barrett pleaded guilty and was banned from managing a corporation for five years.

COMMENTS

Name

Aussie forex brokers,4,Australia currency trading basics,1,Australia forex brokers,6,Australia forex market hours,1,Australian Forex brokers,15,Australian Market updates,23,currency trading,3,forex brokers in Australia,5,Forex Education,27,Forex market Australia,1,forex market hours in Australia,3,forex trading in Australia,2,Online Trading platform,4,
ltr
item
Australia Forex Brokers: Banned Aussie trader hits back at ASIC
Banned Aussie trader hits back at ASIC
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiOCjK3qnyarz4QsC_VepToTOKx4rFTAiRIoxPWJ-OWP0W8MOhUZ8e5WKXaYDgM9rcPklOEPgLeNbBqH2jI0cYvePVjsVC8Szx0cF5QI7HE1eHUpMlMMBTVDcAIGfAr32LRdEzj6umpjgU/s1600/australian-stocks.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiOCjK3qnyarz4QsC_VepToTOKx4rFTAiRIoxPWJ-OWP0W8MOhUZ8e5WKXaYDgM9rcPklOEPgLeNbBqH2jI0cYvePVjsVC8Szx0cF5QI7HE1eHUpMlMMBTVDcAIGfAr32LRdEzj6umpjgU/s72-c/australian-stocks.jpg
Australia Forex Brokers
http://australiaforexbrokers.blogspot.com/2013/10/banned-aussie-trader-hits-back-at-asic.html
http://australiaforexbrokers.blogspot.com/
http://australiaforexbrokers.blogspot.com/
http://australiaforexbrokers.blogspot.com/2013/10/banned-aussie-trader-hits-back-at-asic.html
true
7536970362965208970
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy